Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tok-Yu

For delicious and affordable Japanese, we only go to Tok-Yu!

It's probably not the classiest nor the most authentic Japanese resto in Manila, but loyal patrons like us keep coming back for their simple, no-frills dishes, and friendly service. :)

So last Wednesday, we (Ate, KB and me) found ourselves, yet again, in our beloved Tok-yu in Pioneer Center.

We ordered our usual: 

Special mix (sushi and sashimi). 
 

Chicken misono (comes with a cup of rice). We like ours with a little sprinkling of Kikkoman. You can also try their beef and tuna misono!
 
 
Of course, Ebi Tempura. Sometimes, they put on too much batter, but that night they got it just right. :)
 

And Tok-Yu's special red iced tea, served super cold on a large glass. Sweet and refreshing!


I am also currently reading-- albeit very, very slowly -- Erin Morgenstern's Night Circus. I brought it out to read, but then I realized that doesn't work for me. I must not be distracted while eating, hehehe! :P 

All of this, under 600 pesos! Not bad, eh? 

After our delicious meal, off we went to fetch Bernard from his nest (aka Milky and Sunny), where we also ate Choco Chip (with extra chips!) pancakes for dessert. Sorry, no photo! We gobbled them up before I could take one. :)

'Til next time, 

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...