Monday, December 3, 2012

Vanilla Cupcake Bakery

I have not been to Glorietta for a long time, and I was quite surprised to see that so many new stores have opened/ re-opened since the renovation of... that wing going to SM Makati. (I am really terrible at remembering places and have no sense of direction hehe!)

Across National Bookstore is a new cupcake store called Vanilla Cupcake Bakery. It's so, so, so... pretty (for lack of a better term!) -- with chic, mismatched furniture and pastel-hued decorations and accents. It has that whole vintage tea party vibe going on. They serve cupcakes and a few other pastries, as well as coffee. 

It's the kind of place you'd go to if you want to hang out and have long conversations with your girlfriends. Or, if you're a boy, this is the "special" place you take your girlfriend to so you can impress her, and romantically share a tiny cupcake together. :P    


Aside from the overwhelming prettiness, we came there for the cupcakes, of course! :) Red Velvet for me and Salted Caramel for Ate Star. 




To be honest, these were just average. Both had good frostings (though I liked the red velvet's better, I really tasted the cream cheese there -- just the way I like it), but we thought that the cupcakes themselves were a bit too spongy (buhaghag, to be more accurate). Prices were a bit steep also. 155 pesos for two cupcakes. 

The cupcakes weren't truly disappointing, but we've definitely had better ones that are much cheaper. 

The better part of my day, I think, was when I went book-shopping at National Bookstore. Oh my goodness, NBS in Glorietta is so well-stocked! :) :) :)

Til next time, 

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...