Friday, December 21, 2012

BBQ with B

Finally!

Today's my last day of work... at least for the year.  

The last two weeks have been so hectic, what with end-of-the-year meetings, memos, and deadlines, and our office's super stressful annual Christmas celebration. This involved decking out our entire office space with Christmas-y things, making lanterns in the shape of a mirror ball, and me dancing badly to the tune of 70's disco tracks... on stage, in front of hundreds of people.  Not a very nice Christmas memory, I tell you. 

But now, this is all behind me. I'll see ya office in January! Wooohoooo!

To kick off my Christmas vacation, I had my (supposed-to-be-weekly) "bonding night" with Bernard. We wanted to eat in a quiet place (i.e., not the mall), away from all the noise and the stress that only the Christmas season brings. We decided to eat in BBQ Chicken, Pearl Drive. 

See? No people, except for that Korean dude in the corner (the owner, we think). A few minutes later, though, a bunch of  middle-aged Korean ladies came in, animatedly chatting and merrily eating chicken with their cold bottles of beer. 

The blackboard also told us that BBQ does not mean barbecue, but just BBQ, which stands for the best of the best quality! :)


Our food: 

Smoked Salad. Because the chicken tasted like smoked ham. 


Spicy Chicken (8 pieces). Big serving! Sauce was more sweet than spicy, it tasted a bit like spare ribs sauce in Chinese restos. Breading was too thick, I thought, but very crunchy. 


Seafood rice. It was very tasty, and Bee, who's allergic to shrimp, didn't get Angelina-lips (because his lips tend to puff up when eating shrimp, get it? Ahehe!).  


Of course, Starbucks for dessert, also at Pearl. Oreo cheesecake and green tea cream frap for me. 


That's it. 

I'm so excited for the holidays. I've got so much to do and have to finish them all before December ends. 

And oh, Happy Holidays, too, to everyone. 

Cheers, 

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...