Monday, September 3, 2012

Date Night with Ate Star + Phantom of the Opera

Last Wednesday was Phantom of the Opera night. 

But before watching the spectacular show, Ate Star and I whiled away the afternoon at Milky&Sunny in Kapitolyo, then afterwards, we went to Greenbelt for dinner.

We decided to eat at Italianni's because... a) I love Pizza; b) that Wednesday was the last day of the half-off promo of their regular-sized Sicilian Chicken Salad; and c) I am a proud owner of the super handy Bistro Circle Card, which gives me 20 percent discount on my tab everytime I eat at any Bistro Circle resto. Weehoo! 

Anywayzees, here's what we ate: 

Sicilian Chicken Salad. Really big plate for two, but I love it so much, especially  the mangoes! Ate Star said if all salads were like this, she would definitely eat salads everyday! :)


 Tropicale Pizza. Pineapple + Bacon. I like my bacon crispier, though. But still very yummy. 



Shrimp Penne Mascarpone. Light white sauce, zucchini, shrimp and creamy mascarpone cheese.


We ate for five people that night! We didn't finish all of it, so we had to doggy-bag some of our leftovers. 

We finished eating at about 6:30. We were already running late, but the meal was just so good.The show was at 8:00, and braving the rain and Makati/Manila traffic, we finally arrived at CCP 15 minutes before the start of the play. 

I think Bernard and Don got really stressed out waiting for us (especially Bee, who's never, ever, ever late. heehee.).

We were led to our seats (right-side balcony), and from there, I could clearly see the orchestra members ready themselves for the show.

The curtains opened, and it was the prologue (auction scene), exactly as I remembered it from the Gerald Butler movie version (hehe). Then, the Phantom of the Opera Overture was played-- familiar to me, but never quite this loud, pounding, or chilling-- as the impressive Opera House chandelier flickers, sparks, and slowly, oh so very slowly, rises over the audience.

You can't take pictures during the show, but I stole this one shot. 

I don't want to give any more details because I guess a lot of people haven't seen it yet. What I can say, though, is it's absolutely phenomenal (the costumes! the props! the singing and the dancing! the actors!). I enjoyed every minute of it. If you have the chance to watch it, please do!

Tickets are still available --> Ticketworld

And now that they've added 16(!) more shows, you can you can!

Phantom of the Opera is shown at the CCP Main Theater, from August 25 to October 14, 2012.

See ya, 

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...