Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Foodtripping @ Eastwood

Ate Star and I went to Eastwood last Sunday afternoon, and were supposed to watch Ruby Sparks, but eventually decided against it. Watching movies has gotten so expensive!

With nothing else to do, we went ahead to eat. A LOT A LOT. You'll see! :)

First stop! Starbucks.

I tried their new Tapa and Mayonnaise Sandwich. Ate Star ordered the one with the Forest Ham. We also got our very favorite Very Berry tea to go with our sandwiches. 

Then... a barista came to our table and gave us two tiny cups of Salted Caramel Mocha to drink for free. Yum yum yum! :)

Oopsie, all gone! 



We strolled around Eastwood Mall, and tried our hardest to keep ourselves away from the Weekend Gourmet Market stalls. After a few minutes though, we finally gave in. 

1. Choco Atbp., where they sell the best Dark Chocolate-Orange Brownie Bar in the world. I think this picture is enough proof. 



Let's just say we got wild after this, and it was one sweet treat after another after another after another. What I find great and irresistible about this market... the vendors are all very kind and spoil you and give you a free taste of everything, and when you decide to not buy anything at all, they still give you a friendly wave and smile. :) :) 

2. Rosemarie's, where we bought a slice of velvet cake. One of the best I've tasted. 




2. Nutsyriya, where they offer a wide selection of nuts and dried fruits and veggies. Ate decided to buy Dried Veggies instead-- a break from all the sweets. 





3. Cakes and Bakes. When we were younger, we used to buy from their kiosk inside Cherry Foodarama in Shaw Boulevard. Now that Cherry is gone (huhu), it's nice that Cakes and Bakes is still around to sell their goodies. We took home a  Carrot Slice for Mom. 




4. Monfort's Kitchen. Affordable and delicious baked treats! We bought a small, 7-piece box of chocolate crinkles for just 70 pesos. Sulit! :)


We decided to stop at five stalls and moved on to look for a newly-opened store called Mr. Bean (again, to eat!). 

Originally from Singapore (Ate Star said), Mr. Bean sells soy milk, taho, and other soy-based drinks, soy ice cream ...and pancakes! :) I love soy, but there was nothing special about the milk, and it was a bit pricey (75 pesos). But I do want to try their pancakes next time. 



Time passed fairly quickly after this and KB finally arrived to fetch us. He still wanted to eat dinner, and I had room in my stomach for something savory. None of us had enough money anymore, so KB chose to eat at Goodah (at the Food Junction), where it's inexpensive. I ordered tapsilog, and it was pretty good(ah)!!! :) 





I just realized now.. I started my foodtripping with Tapa Sandwich and ended it with Tapsilog! Full circle ba?

Hay. When we decided to forgo watching a movie, we thought we would be saving a whole lot of money, but we ended up spending more. Haha! But it's ok, I guess. 

My tummy was happy. :)

'Til next time, 

Binky

1 comment:

  1. it is yet to receive proper recognition for laying the foundations of democracy. Often it is seen as both a help and a hinderence to the over 50, whom I can say no more about due to legal restrictions. Though I would rather be in bed I will now examine the primary causes of funny pacifier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...