Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mom's Birthday

Today is my Mom's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but I assure you, she doesn't look her age at all. 

This morning, we bought breakfast from McDonald's (drive thru!). Pancakes and Sausage McMuffins and hash browns and cups of hot chocolate for everyone.

At lunch, Mom cooked tapa we bought from Divisoria, and I binged on Three Musketeers and Milky Ways! :)

In the afternoon, Kuya Botchie (KB) and I, and our little friend Rafa (our five-year old kapitbahay) watched The Avengers on KB's computer. Is it just me? Pero hindi ko na-gets yung The Avengers. Also, Iron Man got too much screen time. But I really liked Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Hope he gets his own movie, too!

I also promised Mom I would clean my room (as a sort of birthday present), I ended up taking a nap for two hours. Hehe. I need to make it up to her some way.

At six pm, we went to Mass, then ate at a Chinese Restaurant near our house. Mom doesn't like eating out so much, except when it's in a Chinese resto. 

Tomorrow's also going to be busy because my Titas and cousins are coming over for lunch. They are going to bring over my Mom's birthday cake, which my cousins usually buy from this really old-fashioned bakery in Pasig. Really good cake. I love it so much. 

That's how birthdays usually go in this house. 

Happy Birthday, Mom! 


Cake Update: Here's my Mom's (Tessie) birthday cake. My Mom's eldest sister (Clarita) is also celebrating her birthday in August, so they put her name there, too. 

Soft sponge cake, enveloped within the yummiest marshmallow icing, and topped with very pretty, traditional cake decor. 




Until next time, 

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...