Thursday, August 16, 2012

Charming Roeselare, Part 2

Hello! 

I know I haven't posted for a while. I have no excuse, but the rainy weather has made me even lazier than usual. Haha! 

I've been feeling a lot nostalgic about our trip to Belgium lately (again, because of the weather!), and what better way to rekindle those memories, but with a blog post, right? :) 

Anywaysss, back to Roeselare! I also loved...

Market Day

Tuesday is Market Day for Roeselare. It’s the equivalent of our Weekend Markets here in Manila, only, it happens every Tuesday mornings! Hehe!

About 15 stalls are set up in the square near the city hall (also in the Zentrum), and the majority of the things you’ll find here --- food, food, food!

Here's the photo of our hotdog (our first in Europe!), sold by an elderly couple on their food truck. Really good!! The bread was a bit tough to eat, but it seems that it's really how it's made. 



We also tried some of the famous Bicky Burger. It wasn't McDonald's, but the meat tasted pretty interesting. I even read somewhere that the patty also has horse meat. Gasp! But it was okay, I didn't know this when I was eating it. Hehe! 

I don't have a picture of the Bicky Burger, but I found an infographic about it from youtube! :) :)




Here's some more of the food stalls: 

Pancakes!!



Everyone loves candy! :)


Some extra-special Belgian cheese for 10 euros. The lady was very kind to give us a few bits to taste for free. I wanted to buy, but I couldn't shell out that much money just for cheese. That's right, I was really a cheap-o in Europe! :)


I really, really miss this place. 

Til next time, 

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...