Sunday, January 6, 2013

Epic Night with Bernard (Mad Mark's and Epic Coffee)

If I have regular readers out there (though I'm pretty sure it's just Bernard hehe), you would know that I hang out in Kapitolyo a lot. I've eaten at almost every restaurant there, and I, honestly, could not pick just one favorite. 

There's Milky and Sunny, of course, when I want to eat tapa and/or pancakes. Cab Cafe when I'm in the mood for pizza and cakes, Poco Deli when I'm feeling a bit sosyal (hehe), Charlie's and Good Burger for burgers (what else?), Rub for ribs... the list goes on! :)

At dinner time last Thursday, my long-delayed solo night out with Bernard in Kapitolyo finally happened. We were supposed to eat at this new place in Kapitolyo called Epic Coffee, but because I was so hungry and craving for a mean, delicious, man sandwich, I dragged him to Mad Mark's first. 


Mad Mark's had recently done renovations, and it seemed like they also revamped their menu. Wow they now have pasta, among other things. 

This is their East meets West Pasta. Oriental sauce with mushrooms and dried peppers, and crunchy chicken strips on top (very similar to Charlie Chan's pasta). Yum yum!!! Enough for 3 people. 


Then, my man sandwich!!! The Lumberjack. Beef, cheese, lettuce, onions, some other probably secret sauce. So good and huge! This is only half an order.  


Mad Mark's is also famous for their homemade ice cream, which I also love and miss eating, but that would be for next time. 

It was finally time to make things epic at Epic Coffee (hehe), the newest addition to the foodie neighborhood. 


Epic is owned by the same people as Poco Deli, and like the latter, it has that same warm, vintage/old timey feel to the place. You can even order Poco Deli's food and eat them here. 

It also has... bikes.. like literally, it has two bikes on display inside the cafe. 

The bar: 


The cakes: 



Other drinks, Australian-made. 



But we stuck with coffee that night: 

Sea salt caramel frappe for me and epic frappe for Bee. I'm not actually a coffee-drinker, so I found them both to be a bit strong, but I guess other people would like it. 


Chocolate fudge brownie and Rum Cake. Both really good with our drinks. 


Hanging out with Bee is great. We always have a good laugh, and we can talk about everything. That night it was about our trip to Prague (which I'll also be blogging about soon), but mostly, it's about his feelings about his relationship. Sometimes it gets too much into the mushy territory, but I don't really mind it so much. :P 

We finished by 10PM, but it turned out that Ate Star couldn't pick us up just yet. With all our tambayans closed, our tummies full, and the night air so balmy, we decided to walk around quiet Kapitolyo. 

Truly an epic night! 

(But little did Bee know that the following night was going to be his most epic yet, right Bee? *Evil laugh*)

Only a few days into 2013, and I am already enjoying it immensely. :)

See ya soon, 

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...