Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wallflowers, Eating Well, Trigonometry and Chocolate Cakes

Last Sunday, we (me, Ate Star) went to Robinson's Galleria for a get-together with our cousins (fatherside). We watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I cried the whole time. I thought it was heartwarming, hopeful, at times depressing (very, very), but I did enjoy the film, overall. The soundtrack was fab. Asleep by The Smiths!!

Anyhoo, afterwards, KB and Framie joined us to eat well.. at Eat Well. Hehe! Chinese food!

Over dinner, we talked about college experiences, first loves (and first heartbreaks), Europe, bands, bikes, art, going to the States, money, work, movies, more heartbreaks.

KB also very kindly and very coolly helped our niece Cheska with her trigonometry homework. KB still remembers so much from his classes, it's amazing! High school math was tough, I honestly don't remember how I survived it!

He wrote the answers on tissue paper. What a geek! Ahaha!

It was really fun.

Aside from the occasional meeting with my cousins or friends, my visits to Galle are rare, and I usually only go just for two things:

1. Saizen - the superstore to get useless, 85-peso, Japan-made knick knacks; and,

2. Ms. Polly's- for their chocolate cakes.

Ms.Polly's is at the top of my favorite (chocolate) cakes list. Moist, rich, but not super sweet.. it's just.. heavenly!

Anyone who knows me well would also know that I have a love affair with cakes. And here it is, my number one -- my perfectly round, perfectly delicious chocolate cake.


This week has been super busy, what with all the things I have to do at work! Grr.

I can't wait for the weekend already.

Until next time,

Binky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...