Friday, October 12, 2012

Europe Post: Bee's Paris



Bee has been to Paris more times than anyone I know. But what makes this trip special, as he repeatedly told us, was that we were there to share the city with him. Aw!

I'm not sure why he picked these photos. I wish he would tell me. But here they are, Bee's favorite Parisian snaps (in no particular order).

1. The glorious Eiffel Tower. As one would expect, we were gushing like crazy when we saw it. From a distance, the Eiffel Tower is just as remarkable. 
 

It glitters at night.



2. Louvre from outside. Here's Bee's attempt at an artistic shot.



Leonardo Da Vinci's The Virgin and Child with St. Anne. 




 Let me just say.. 

I was really in awe of this particular exhibition, more so than the Mona Lisa and the other more popular attractions in the Louvre. What we saw wasn't just the actual painting, but a whole body of work that led to the final painting. Da Vinci created a number of sketches and drafts, each one showed how carefully and intricately he planned to put together this masterpiece. He was very technical and procedural about it. Very, very OC talaga!

Of course, the painting in itself was beautiful, and a wonderful tribute to St. Anne, Mary's Nanay, and Jesus' Lola. :)

Then there were also replicas of the 'St. Anne' displayed in the exhibition. A lot of them, actually. At first, I got really confused and thought that Da Vinci made every single painting, but as it turns out, they were works of his students and/or artists whom he inspired. 

Enough rambling.. hehe!

3. Champs Elysees. Popular tourist shopping strip and also... the spot of the biggest fight in the history of friendships (ehem, Star vs. Bee). But, let's just keep that a secret... for now.





4. Pompidou Museum. I looooved this place. Ate Star did, too. I don't know if Bernard loved it as much as we did. The building is the most extraordinary (not to mention modern!) structure I've ever seen. Inside...a vast collection of important modern art, including pieces by Warhol, Matisse, and Picasso.



 There you have it. Bee's Paris, explained by me! I hope I got this right, Bee! 

Next stop.. Star's picks.

Seeya, 
Binky 

~photos by bee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...